- Monday: Stretch, Strengthen or Active Recovery – TBD. I have acupuncture at 6:30, which is such a welcome addition to my recovery day.
- Tuesday: 3.5 mile walk – Do my favorite 5k route through Easttown/downtown MKE OR head to Bayview to walk my friends’ dogs.
- Wednesday: 30 minutes crosstrain – Run to gym, weights for 25-30 minutes, then run home.
- Thursday: 3.5 mile walk/run – Time goal: Sub-16 pace.
- Friday: Rest day – aka YES!!! And, it’s Iron Cupcake day. Win-Win.
- Saturday: 40 min crosstrain – Yoga, pilates, biking or weights (TBD).
- Sunday: 8 miles fast walk – Team Challenge practice day. Hold me.
I am going to try some speedwork this week, per Coach Anne’s suggestion. She thinks it will give my body the extra kick to start LOSING again:
- How about six minutes brisk, one-minute normal pace, six minutes brisk, one-minute normal pace, six minutes brisk.
- Hills are also an excellent way to start speedwork. Find a steep hill, work your way up, come back down and do it again six times. Gradually add extra reps until you can complete 10.
- Try just a 25-minute run or walk with FAST bursts of speed. Look for the next light post or mailbox or city block and move as fast as you can to it. If you are wiped out when you get there you’re doing it right! Take a moment to recover and go all-out again!
If you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let me know!