This marks the start of a new series of posts at Losing It. Every Monday, I will post my training schedule, along with my plan for how to fulfill the plan. I’m hoping you will help hold me accountable to my plan (by following my Dailymile training). I’m also hoping that putting my schedule out there will help me not wig out err modify my schedule.
So, here goes.
- Monday: Stretch, Strengthen or Active Recovery – 100 crunches, 20 min of yoga and/or work with resistance bands at home. OFF – ILL
- Tuesday: 3.5 mile walk – Do my favorite 5k route through Easttown/downtown MKE OR head to Bayview for a li’l jaunt near my acupuncturist’s office. I have an appointment at 6:15. Time goal: 45-50min (average 15-16min pace). Probably going with the Bayview Route. Running last week right before my appt was awesome. Made the relaxation so much more enjoyable. I do plan to allot more time for stretching though.
- Wednesday: 30 minutes crosstrain – 6-7 mile bike ride. Time goal: 40 min.
- Thursday: 2 mile walk/run – I will likely stay close to home for this, and hope to really push myself. Time goal: 33 min (average 14-16 min pace). Honestly, I’d like to see this 2-miler be sub 30 min.
- Friday: Rest day – aka YES!!! I am working a little different shift on Friday, so I am going to try to get in either a short walk or some yoga before work. Then, it’s Bowlin’ for the Colon Friday night.
- Saturday: 40 min crosstrain – BOOTCAMP WITH A PURPOSE – 30 min bootcamp led by fitness coach Jeremy Belter. Hope you can join me! Details here.
- Sunday: 70 min fast walk – Team Challenge practice day. I have a feeling Coach Anne will change this to 6-8 miles fast walk, which will put me in the 1:40-2:30 range.
If you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
UPDATE: I wrote this post last week and didn’t anticipate feeling under the weather today. So, I’m changing my plan a bit to accommodate. Changes are in red.