Back when I said I was planning to do three half marathons this year, I hadn’t realized that #2 on my list was exactly 2 weeks after my first half marathon ever. For some reason, I thought there were 3-4 weeks between those dates.
So last week, I made the tough decision NOT to do the half marathon in Chicago with my friends.
But now, I’m not so sure.
- If I did it, I would be a total badass
- Will I be ready for a second half marathon in 2 weeks?
- I know a BUNCH of people doing the Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon and I wanna do it too.
- While I’ve promised to be there to cheer, honestly, I will be sad if all I do is cheer. I want to race.
- If I complete Chicago AND Vegas, I will get a HEAVY MEDAL from the Rock N Roll organization (See right). The Musical 26.2 miles medal is awarded to people who complete 2 half marathons in a calendar year. I’m not gonna lie. I want this medal. I want this medal REAL bad.
- I could potentially affect my training for Vegas by jumping into another Half Marathon so soon.
- Just because I probably COULD do it, SHOULD I do it?
I am seriously struggling with this people. Please share your pros/cons with me. I need to make the decision soon, because space is running out.