Not much to report on the weigh-in this week. I was -0.2, which is really nothing at all. I’m ok with it. I’m surprised that I’m so ok with it. Usually, I would be upset about something like this, but I know that I had a big loss last week and I didn’t work out as much this week, so it makes sense. I also had some food splurges (though not as bad as it could have been) so I’m really happy that I basically stayed the same this week. It is just pushing me to work harder this next week. I can do it. I will do it.
My knee isn’t bothering me as much anymore, but I’m also trying to modify my exercises to accommodate it. I’m not doing the higher impact circuits on the 30 day shred, and am focusing on ones that will still get my heart rate up, but won’t irritate the ol’ knee.
This is the knee I had surgery on almost 9 years ago. It’s always been a little beyotch. Right now it’s really more of a dull ache or feels stiff. Totally manageable. I’m going to look for some knee strengthening exercises and some other workout dvds that will be easier on my knee… though I will still do the shred. I love it. I feel good when I do it. I haven’t felt good about myself in a long time, but I feel good about myself when I do this workout. I can feel the changes in my body… even if the scale didn’t show it this week, I know I’m making progress. Next week I will be taking measurements again, so we’ll see what kind of changes I have there. Can’t wait!
Now, on to my health… which is becoming a huge part of this blog, and for good reason. It is my poor health that was a kick in the pants for me to change my life.
So, some fun things to share (as if what I shared yesterday wasn’t enough).
- Had an appointment with my neurologist (Dr. V) today because of my increased headaches lately. The appointment was… interesting. He asked if I had been stressed lately and I started laughing. “Yes doc, I’ve been crazy stressed lately.” He asked what was stressing me and I explained about a situation I’ve been dealing with for the past few weeks that has really stressed me out… plus, I was just told last month that I’m anemic, have hypothyroidism and they need to monitor my blood pressure. What’s NOT stressful about that? Since my headaches started getting worse in November, the month before I was diagnosed with anemia and hypothyroidism, he thought those might have been aggravating my headaches. My headaches are caused my a chemical imbalance in my brain – low levels of serotonin… so my low thyroid levels could be contributing to the problem.
- Dr. V asked about my sleeping habits and then asked how tall I was… and then proceeded to calculate my BMI… by hand. We’re talking long division folks… He didn’t have a fancy program to calculate it (I knew it was about 40.5 right now), and seriously, there is nothing more horrifying than seeing someone calculate your BMI by hand. I almost threw up to see him crunching those numbers. Then he said, well you’re morbidly obese. Punch. In. The. Gut. I mean, I knew I was fat, I knew I was obese… but MORBIDLY OBESE??? I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t cry when I got to my car. How many times this month am I going to cry in the clinic parking lot? He wanted to figure out my BMI because of how I’ve been sleeping, always being tired, etc… he also thinks I should get tested for sleep apnea. So, two docs in one month tell me I should get tested. I guess I can’t put it off any longer. I will have to find the money for it somewhere.
- Dr. V is sending me to physical therapy for my neck. He thinks the tightness in my neck might also be contributing to my headaches. So, again, more medical bills. I am really upset about all of this. I have already spent a small fortune in the past 2 months on medical bills, and it’s just going to get worse. I am not handling this all well. I’m scared. I’m worried. I’m stressed. My mom talked me off the ledge cheered me up a bit today by reminding me that I am taking control of the situation. I am eating healthier. I am exercising. I am committed to getting healthy. Where’s my genie y’all? Fairygodmother? Bueller? I know change can’t happen over night, but it sure would be nice, wouldn’t it?
- I wasn’t afraid to see what the doctor’s scale said about my weight, cuz I knew already. 🙂
- My blood pressure was 126/82. WTH. Just last week it was 149/96. I don’t know what’s going on, but I was encouraged to see a good reading.
I’ve lost .2 pounds in the last week and lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks. Want previous stats? Click here.