I got back from visiting my friend Holly in St. Louis late last night. I had a great time catching up with her and all my STL friends, but the weekend was not necessarily kind to my new lifestyle.
I tried to eat as healthy as I could (getting a salad instead of fries, a grande latte instead of a venti, etc), but I still made some poor choices. I was on vaca though, so I get a free pass, right? Right?
So I’m home now and working on my food/exercise plan. I’m hoping to join a gym this week and today I spent a small fortune on veggies and other healthy goodness from Whole Foods.
Here are some of my ideas…
- Go vegetarian or vegan approximately 1/3 of every month (just to switch things up a bit)
- Eat mostly organic or natural foods (no artificial fillers, preservatives or other yuck)
- No more fast food
- Cut back on eating out
- Pack lunch the night before
- Meal plan a week at a time
- Make better choices
- Still enjoy my favorite foods, just less of them (PORTION CONTROL)
- Continue drinking lots of water
- Do yoga with my #fitmke #wlc buddy at least twice a month
- Go to the gym 2-3 times a week (working up to 4-5x/week by April 15)
- Workout with a partner 1-2x/week
- Try some workout dvds (yoga, pilates, 30 day shred)
- Run a 5k in 2010 (RUN… not walk)
- Keep a food diary and work hard to have a balanced diet
- Buy new gym shoes and workout clothes
- Not be afraid of the scale… which means I need to change the batteries.
I’ve also joined DailyMile… you can follow me here. I tried SparkPeople but I think it might be too much for me to keep up on.